Gluten free brownies
This is another of my fall back recipes that is met with the response “I can’t believe they’re gluten free”! These brownies are perfect as a gift or an indulgent desert for a dinner party. The recipe is from Doves Farm.
150g dark gluten free cooking chocolate
100g gluten free self raising flour
- Heat the oven to 160 Fan / 180 regular / Gas 4
- Gently melt together the butter and chocolate
- Beat the eggs together then mix in the sugar and flour
- Stir the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture
- Pour into a 150 x 200 mm / 6×8 in oiled and lined baking tray
- Bake in the oven
- Cut into squares
Gluten free flapjack
A really easy, yummy gluten free recipe
This is one of my fail safe recipes discovered in a Tesco’s pamphlet several years ago super easy to make and delicious every time. The slow release nature of the oats keeps you going when you’re up against the world and his wife.
40g golden syrup
55g soft brown sugar
225g rolled oats *
55g raisins / cranberries/ dried fruits of your choice
60g gluten free plain flour
- Heat oven to 170 F. Gently melt butter in pan, add the syrup and sugar. Don’t let it burn! When it’s bubbling stir in the oats.
- Remove from heat add dried fruit and flour and stir thoroughly. Place in a greased and lined 18cm /7 in square tin. Press down firmly with the back of a big spoon.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the mixture is golden brown. When you take it out of the oven cut into the size of bars. Allow to cool in the tin.
*Choose your oats carefully depending on whether you’re intolerant or Coeliac. My understanding is that oats don’t contain gluten but are generally grown near wheat fields so there may be cross contamination. I buy organic rolled oats and they suit me fine. Do whatever’s right for you – the outcome is yummy either way!
Hello to all gluten free -ers out there!
PLEASE NOTE THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!
If you’ve a burning desire to see something on particular on this please get in touch via Maria@glutenfreeandgorgeous.co.uk.
See you soon with lots of product reviews, recipes and chit chat around living a gluten free life … deliciously!